Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
2010 Midwest Youth Football Championships
BREAKING NEWS! The 2011 Midwest Youth Football Championships (MYFC) have upgraded! Returning for our 12th straight season, we will still be indoors but we will now be playing on much safer grass-like FieldTurf that every team in the NFL has upgraded to. No more worries of turf burn, twisted knees/ankles or concussions from the hard old-fashioned AstroTurf. No more misaligned seams either! Also, each team will have its own full sidelines and there will be no fans behind either bench! The 2011 MYFC will be held INDOORS starting on 10/30-10/30, followed 11/06-11/06 at the beautiful Lake Barrington Fieldhouse in northern Illinois (Click for video tour)! The LBF is home to national football combines as well as a training facility for NFL players and NFL Draft hopefuls from around the Midwest, including Tommy Zbikowski (Ravens) and Brett Basanez (Northwestern starting QB).
This is an official, full 120-yard football field with goal posts, indoors and climate controlled to 65 degrees. No more worries about rain, snow, ice, cold, mud, etc!
The MYFC remains the best, most exciting and well-run football tournament in the Midwest. While more than half the teams are from the Midwest area, the tournament is open to all teams from around the country, or around the world!
The MYFC is a sports vacation for the whole family featuring a two-day, two-game football tournament.
NOTE: Returning in 2011, we have contracted with a professional filming company to shoot high definition video of the entire tournament! Each game is professionally filmed with full 1080p HD cameras and each DVD will include both of your team's games from the tournament. All games will have graphics and scores edited in giving each game a televised feel.
Choose from different formats:
* Standard DVD
* HD Digital Copy (.mov to be played on computer - in High Definition)
* DVD & HD Digital Copy (Receive both the Standard DVD & HD Copy at a 27% discount)
* HD Blu Ray DVD
Pre-order your DVD by clicking here!
Click here for a sample
Brackets for weekend A
Practice Schedule Weekend A
Brackets for weekend B
Practice Schedule Weekend B
Items to remember:
1. No need to bring chairs, there will be bleachers on the entire second floor observation deck. No worries about having to struggle to see over the players, every fan has a great seat!
2. We play with live special teams and no coaches will be allowed on the field or in the huddle.
3. Each team needs to bring both jerseys (Home and Away)
4. To avoid "turf burn" please wear long sleeves
5. Each team will need to provide 3 volunteer chain gang members for at least one of your games.
6. Every team needs to bring both cleats and regular athletic shoes to the tournament. Cleats will be worn outside for pre-game warm-ups (unless you play the first game either day). Once inside the dome no plastic or metal "cleats" are allowed. Any type of basketball, tennis or rubber bottom shoe will work. Most shoe companies make an "indoor turf" shoe that has small rubber "nubs" on the bottom, those are acceptable. Here are some great examples of acceptable, affordable rubber bottom nub indoor turf shoes:
Shoe sample 1
Shoe sample 2
Shoe sample 3
Basically if the shoe makes any noise when walking on concrete they can't be worn. You can go to www.zappos.com and search "turf shoe". To be honest, if your kids have good basketball shoes they will work very well.